The SDK (software development kit) enables direct connection to the reader and contains:
- The OEM Reader SDK,
- The remote support module,
- The device configurator,
- IDV Image processing software,
- The OCR (optical character recognition) engine, and
- The document template library.
Hub Manager communicates in real-time with IDV iCore and IDV Commander to enable remote management capability.
This module of iCore includes functions to:
- Manage devices including kiosks and connected readers/scanners,
- Manage software licenses,
- Remotely distribute software and firmware releases,
- Issue mobile commands,
- Analyse transactions with the transaction manager,
- Manage user and client access control, and
- Manage data encryption, client authentication, and security components.
For more information on the IDV Client Administrator Portal, see here.
A sophisticated management tool that augments the device management capabilities of the portal.
Its advanced functions include:
- A communication encryption manager,
- The software update manager,
- Software & reader log monitoring,
- The scanner configuration manager for remote configuration changes,
- Reader SDK update manager,
- Software status manager, and
- An animated real-time remote Reader/Scanner health check function.
For more information on the IDV Commander, see here.
Document readers are typically connected to a local area network, an attached PC, or a touchscreen kiosk to use the full hub manager functionality.
Hub Manager currently supports the full range of Thales Gemalto and 3M USB and network/WiFi attached document readers/scanners.
For more information on Thales readers, see here.
Support for Thales biometric fingerprint scanners is planned, as is support for other brands of Identity Document readers. If your brand is not supported, please enquire below for planned future compatibility.
Other devices supported include webcams, PCs and Windows-based Kiosks, and Windows updates.