Industry-first network reader that enables intuitive, high-speed authentication of identity and travel documents
The Thales Gemalto AT10Ki Intelligent Document Reader is ideally suited for enhanced connectivity solutions enabling cloud and mobile apps through Wi-Fi and Ethernet for demanding applications where rapid verification of official documents is essential. High-performance on-board processing reduces queuing time, fights fraud, and meets compliance requirements. The result is a document reader which can be deployed in different configurations; standalone or networked operation. This innovation enables the AT10Ki to support a shared reader environment and provide a direct connection to cloud applications with a more flexible authentication of passports, driver’s licenses, ID cards, visas, and similar credentials.
It is designed for clients that require secure flexible deployment options in addition to demanding environments with direct cloud / mobile connectivity. The AT10Ki is an on-demand device that allows multiple users the ability to share a single reader connected through a Wi-Fi / Ethernet network. Perfect situation for apps that utilise tablets and or smartphones, thereby removing the burden of direct physical connection to a PC or workstation. All delivered with lower annual IT costs and a smaller technology footprint. This technology facilitates large deployments requiring remote management and provisioning.
Ready for the cloud, the Gemalto Intelligent Document Reader AT10Ki uses web-style encrypted JSON messaging to simplify application development, deployment, and maintenance. For the customer, this means:
- The Gemalto Intelligent Document Reader AT10Ki can connect to any mobile device, phone, or tablet.
- The reader can be used in pool mode connecting to multiple devices (you can create reader farms)
- A single computer can connect to multiple readers.
- Flexible install options
- Lower development and lifetime IT costs
- Direct connection with Software as a Service (SaaS) and enterprise back-end applications
- Remote status monitoring, configuration, management, and firmware updates using IDV’s Hub Manager
AT10Ki Desktop – RFID
- RFID capability to read the chip in e-passports
- Onboard dual-core Arm® Cortex® A9 processor with Linux® OS runs image processing and RFID functions in reader
- USB3.1, Ethernet, Wi-Fi & Bluetooth® interfaces
- Web-API host interface, Web-UI browser interface, and legacy USB modes of operation
- Data security built-in by design
- Easy connection to enterprise and SaaS applications for document authentication and verification, hotel property management systems, and biometrics management
- Full management and diagnostic interfaces
- “Landing lights” & tick/cross user LEDs and new silkscreen design makes document placement and reading very intuitive
- Reads ID cards and barcodes placed at any rotation on the glass and presents images correct way up based on features in the document
- Reads and images multiple types of documents in Visible, Infra-red and Ultra-violet light using 24-bit colour and true-colour image matching technology to provide vibrant, accurate colours and images can be saved in BMP, PNG or JPEG format
- Anti-glare technology eliminates image artifacts due to reflective laminates or OVDs
- OCR data capture of the Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) & 1D/2D barcode reading from paper and mobile boarding passes
- Auto-triggering of document capture – the presence of document is automatically detected
- Hoodless operation in most environments using proprietary ambient light removal algorithms – even on UV images
- User removable hood and optional document spine hold down clip provides flexibility for the user to operate in their preferred style
- Low scratch, low-iron glass with oleophobic coating for low maintenance & easy cleaning
- Chemically strengthened glass to improve durability
- Powered from USB, Power over Ethernet (POE), or external power supply
- Internally sealed optical chamber prevents dust ingress